Friday, November 21, 2008

Sinks and Toilets and Tubs...oh my!

I'm really excited as I type this because I got to go to one of my favorite stores today...Home Depot!!! There's something magical about those tacky orange aprons and the echo of the fork lifts as they proceed--over cautiously--down the aisles. There's also something magical about NO PAYMENTS/NO INTEREST for 12 MONTHS, but that's a story for another day LOL!
Anyway, I decided to remodel my oobber-outdated bathroom from the drywall in this year. The only thing remaining is the cast iron tub (which will be refinished) because I couldn't find a willing volunteer to haul it out :-) My goal is to have everything done before Christmas. I'm hoping to implement some space-saving designs to make the most of this tiny (5' x 7') bathroom and give it a fresh face. I'll be putting in travertine flooring and I'm thinking about glass mosaic tiles around the tub but I'm having trouble choosing a color. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Holy ambitious, Batman! I am quite impressed with your ambition, and the obvious skill set you must have under your belt to complete such a task in a short period of time. Good luck! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Manna said...

That is a huge project to take on. I don't have any suggestions on color because I'm not sure what look you are going for. I will suggest a website that might help you, www.mosaictilesupplies.com. OMG! SO much to choose from.

heidi said...

I echo Heather, I cannot wait to see the finished project. Good luck. I have no advice, I have never remodeled a bathroom. But, whatever you do i am sure it will look nice.