Monday, June 30, 2008

A day trip to Apaneca...

I almost forgot about another weekend adventure that I had. Alice and Kira were both sick so I decided that I could either wallow in the gloomy hotel room or go for a little day trip. I hopped on a bus to a cute little village called Apaneca. It turned out to be a beautiful place with a tranquil garden restaurant called "La Cocina de Mi Abuela." Their Criollo Chicken was some of the best food I've had in a long time! While I was enjoying my food, Alice called me to tell me she was feeling better so she hopped on the bus and met me there. I enjoyed a chocolate cake while she savored the Criollo Chicken. It was a nice rest from our hard work this last week.
Oh, and there were these random monkeys in the garden and one of them grabbed my camera through the chain link fence. I managed to wrangle it away from him but it was funny. He laughed at me and I almost cried :-( I hate it when I'm outsmarted by a monkey...it happens a lot you know!
On the way back to Ahuachapan Alice and I stopped by a couple souvenir shops and got a couple little things. It was a fun day :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know jealousy is ugly, but it is showing it's head in me right now=( I am so jealous that you get to go do all those cool things in cool places, and I am stuck here in Lakeside=(...So please know how lucky you are to be doing those things...I love you, hope to see you soon...STAY SAFE!!!...Love, Kristin